There are many ways to make Christmas merry and memorable! But, unfortunately, sometimes it isnât easy nowadays to feel joy through the cluttered maze that has become Christmas. Through the years, Christmas has strayed too far from its original purpose and become a highly commercialised event.
When it comes to the Christmas season, more people are concerned with buying the perfect gift for others and anticipating what they will receive rather than focusing on the true spirit of Christmas.
It’s a time to get back to the basics regarding the season of gift-giving, love, sharing, and caring. This year, you can make your Christmas a joyous and stress-free time by following these three easy tips:
Give of Yourself. If you enjoy providing gifts to others, thatâs a nice gesture. However, you should avoid dwelling on it too much. No matter what you can or cannot afford, thereâs always one gift you can give to others: your time.
Christmas is only as commercialised as you allow it to be. Although it costs nothing, your time is the most precious gift.
There are many ways that you can give of yourself to others this holiday season:
- Be a friend who listens
- Spend time with a loved one
- Help someone with their household chores
- Babysit for a mother or father who needs a break
- Let others know that you are available anytime they may need your help
Use Your Talents. No matter how excellent that watch looks in the jewellery case, the homemade pen holder or the homemade blanket you create for your friend, neighbour, coworker, or family member will be much more appreciated than anything you can buy in a store.
- Ultimately, handmade gifts are priceless, whereas store-bought gifts will lose value over time.
Sure, store-bought gifts are lovely, but people will value your handmade gifts more for one reason: you put your time, effort, and love into creating those gifts. When the receiver thinks about your hard work and dedication in making the gift, it will become more and more cherished.
Here are some ideas for homemade gifts you can make:
- Fresh-baked cookies, pies or jams
- Hand-sewn quilts or crocheted scarves
- Framed photo collage
- Personalized scrapbooks
- Custom made jewellery
Cherish Your Time Together. In the end, we can’t take back time. Our time is lost in so many ways daily â especially around the holidays.
- It’s time to place our priorities on our family and friends rather than on the shopping and holiday preparations.
- Why fight the crowds on Black Friday when you could enjoy your kidsâ day off from school together? Wouldnât you instead create some warm, happy memories?
- If you and your spouse donât enjoy spending your day standing in long lines at crowded stores, then change it!
- Spending the night baking alone when your elderly mother is in town is such a waste. Plan your baking so you can enjoy each otherâs company while things are in the oven.
If you want to make your holiday genuinely merry, remember to spend your time with your loved ones enjoying each other. Make joyous memories instead of a frenzy of worrying, shopping, cooking, buying gifts and over-stressing.
If you follow the steps listed here, you’âre sure to have a merry, memorable Christmas this year and every year!
So what do you think about this post? I would love to hear your views. just comment below
All The Best.