Time is a luxury. Each of us only has 1440 minutes per day and they go by quickly, so you surely don’t want to waste any of them! By maximizing your efficiency, you can complete every item on your to-do list with time to spare!
Follow these suggestions to help you get more done in less time:
1. Organisation. The organisation is the key to successful time management. Take a few moments before completing a small or large task and create a time-saving game plan. Lay out all of your supplies; know exactly where you’ll start and where you want to finish.
Create a checklist and check it twice. When laying out your supplies, place them in the order they’ll be used. In doing so, you can shave a few seconds off your project time whenever you reach for supplies.
You can still benefit from a checklist even if you don’t have supplies. Create milestones. If you’re checking the milestones off as scheduled, you’ll know you’re on the right track. If you’re checking them later than scheduled, it’s time to speed things up.
2. Work in spurts. If you have a time-consuming task to take on, rather than dreading the work hours ahead, work in spurts. Working in spurts of 25 minutes, with a five-minute break in between, still allows you 50 minutes of work time without feeling worked to the bone.
Focusing solely on the task at hand while working in spurts is essential. If you take even a two-minute break, you’ve lost two minutes of work time and increased your break time by 20%.
Concentrate on one task at hand. If you’re painting a room, the only things you should do throughout your 25 minutes are rolling paint onto the wall and reloading your paint roller. No using the restroom, changing the song, or helping your spouse in another room – just painting.
3. Power up correctly. In order to be efficient, it’s necessary to start the day off on the right foot. First, get a good night’s rest. If your mornings depend on your coffee consumption, drink a healthy-sized cup of coffee accompanied by an equally healthy breakfast.
Wake up early. You’ll find that you’re more energised after breakfast and coffee at 7:00 am rather than 11:00 am. Plus, you’ll add extra hours to your day, which allows you to cross off tasks on your to-do list even sooner. Then, the rest of the day is yours!
4. Eliminate all distractions. Distractions are a part of life and everyone’s schedule is susceptible. Rather than trying to fight them off, eliminate them entirely.
Turn off the computer, place your cell phone on silent and unplug the television and all other things known to be distracting you. In doing so, you’ll be less likely to channel surf, catch up on your Facebook friends, or chat away when your friend calls.
If you need to get something done on the computer quickly, block the known distractions websites by using LeechBlock, a Firefox plugin. This plugin allows you to restrict your visitation to websites of your choosing. â¨
5. Invest in time-saving assets. The final and possibly most crucial step is investing in items or services that permanently shave minutes off your day. It may be more money upfront, but you can potentially shave hours of chores off of your to-do list each week.
Invest in an automatic floor cleaner to automatically clean the floors each week. Also, a lawn mowing service, purchasing a dishwasher, and opting for carpooling are additional strategies that can shave time off your to-do list.
It can be done if you’re hoping to finish a complex task more quickly or simply shave minutes off of your everyday responsibilities. Increasing your level of efficiency and focus are the only requirements. To this end, these simple tips will make maximising your time a breeze.
So what do you think about this post? I would love to hear your views. just comment below
All The Best.