To succeed in life, you have to do your best at all times but sometimes, staying dedicated becomes difficult. This is not a sign of defeat, on the contrary, feeling demotivated along the way whether because of sheer exhaustion or setbacks is almost inevitable and you will need a little boost. The following are 5 ways to help you stay dedicated to succeed.
1. Set Attainable Goals Setting goals gives you a short term motivation and a long term vision. It also helps you to organize your resources and time so that you can make the most out of your life. Write down your goals with a pen on a piece of paper as according to research, writing them down by hand and connecting the letters manually engages your brain more actively. Typing them involves less mental connection.
2. Break down the goals into smaller pieces A major source of stress in life comes from the feeling that there are impossible number of things to do. If you try to do the whole project at once, you will certainly feel overwhelmed. To avoid this you should break down the project into realistic steps and focus on completing each at a time. Success in each step triggers the reward center of the brain releasing a feel good chemical known as dopamine. This makes you feel motivated and inspires you to take another step.
3. Find a Social Support Network Create a group of people who can help keep you on track. They can be family friends or relatives who can guide you and help you develop new skills. You can also reach out to them when you are feeling demotivated, listen and share ideas.
4. Exercise Any form of exercise from yoga to aerobics elevates your mood and increases feel good chemicals in the brain. Exercising also acts as a type of meditation focusing the mind on a particular task and clearing any doubts as well as lowering stress. These elements combine and produce motivation feelings to carry forward.
5. Reward yourself When you get the expected results, reward yourself in some way. For some task, taking a few minutes break will do while others you can treat yourself to a dessert or a cup of coffee. For more demanding project, you can reward yourself by doing something enjoyable like taking a vacation, going to a cinema or even buying yourself something then move on to the next project.Best Wishes
P.S Like the post? You could always like and share it.
I would love to hear your comments too.
Be one of the first to read my posts by signing up to my newsletter.